Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Mayor of Merton

I was elected as Mayor of Merton on Wednesday night and I'll be in for a busy year ahead. The mayor-making ceremony went quite well, though being dressed up in robes is never the most comfortable of experiences. The ceremony in itself is not the easiest but I think I just about managed it on the night. It is a great honour for me to become the new mayor, the youngest to be elected to that position and the first born after 1965. The next year promises to be a busy year ahead but it's a great opportunity and I'm greatly looking forward to it all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds FABULOUS DARLING! I would love to have seen that. It certainly will be a busy and eventful year but one to remember. Very well done to you.

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home