Thursday, February 22, 2007

Victory at the Nou Camp!

Unfortunately I missed the great triumph for Liverpool tonight in the Nou Camp against Barcelona as I had to Chair the Way we Work scrutiny panel at Merton Council. What I would have given to have seen the match given the result, the most exciting matches always seem to happen when I've got a meeting, one of the pitafalls I suppose of being a councillor. Still these things happen. The 2-1 result is beyond my wildest dream and sets us up nicely for the second leg at Anfield.

Another Champions League triumph on the way??? and it was one of my New Year predictions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the readers of your blog have access to a TV so they can read about the football there.....now if you reported on the Way We Work scrutiny panel - well that would be informative and useful! But I expect it's a case of closed doors and don't let the electorate know what we are up to?

5:47 am  
Blogger Martin Whelton said...

That report is on the way!

9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home