Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Windmill Trading Estate Planning Meeting

Tonight I had the public meeting in my ward on the Windmill, which was attended by over 50 people. The attendance may have been more but I did not know at the time I booked the meeting that England v Croatia was on at the same time.

Anyway I'm delighted to report that the application will be turned down by the Council to build 211 flats on the sight of the Windmill Trading Estate. The application has been an on going concern and I'm pleased that the decision has been made as we had almost uniform opposition to the proposal locally.

The next battle is the planning inquiry into the scheme, which starts on 28th November, residents will be out in force at the inquiry and I hope that the inspector upholds the decision of Merton Council.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home