Saturday, September 30, 2006

West Coast Eagles win the flag!

Anyway, this morning I got up at 5-30 to watch the Australian Football League Grand Final from Melbourne and see my favourite team West Coast Eagles win the final by just one point. It was nail biting stuff right to the end, although they had a lead nearly throughout their opponents Sydney Swans had the score down to just one point at the end, the score being 12.13(84 pts) to 12.12(83 pts). Last year West Coast lost to Sydney Swans by just four points, so it was sweet revenge.

I know my aunt who lives in Perth (where the team is based) was at the match as she is an avid fan of the West Coast Eagles and had tickets for the match. This is the biggest sporting event each year in Australia and was in front of 97,000 people at the magnificent Melbourne Cricket ground (where the 4th Ashes test will be held). Until going to Australia four years ago for a holiday, I had never watched a match and that visit coupled with a visit to the MCG could me into the game.

A good start to the weekend! I have put a link on Australian Rules below in case you are baffled about the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home