Thursday, July 13, 2006

Cllr David Williams - Leader of Merton Council

Just got in from my first full meeting of Merton Council, the report will have to wait that bit longer as I am now pretty tired and I have plenty to report on. However I have written a small tribute too Cllr David Williams who spent a large part of the meeting tonight reading many printed pages of my blog (obviously more interesting reading) during debates, anyway I thought I would share my tribute to David.

I'd like to welcome my newest reader, Cllr David Williams, the Conservative minority administration leader of Merton Council. I hope he continues to use this blog as evidence to support his role as self-styled 'voice of the voiceless', 'king of diversity' and 'champion of equality'. Like my colleague Mark Allison stated tonight “he is truly the Sven Goran Eriksson of local government".

With all your reading of my blog tonight David, how about setting up a blog called 'Dave's Tales'? I am sure it would make interesting reading, you can tell us all about your plans to use the Merton Conservative election manifesto title 'Putting you first' on all Merton Council headed paper and using the Council logo, Council phone number, address and e-mail on a political letter posted on the Wimbledon Conservative website. You can also tell us all about the plans to cut the Council Budget by £16 Million next year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, please, please keep this blog rolling! David Williams may well be the Sven Goran Eriksson of local government but, as the William McGonagall of blogging, you must continue to provide your public with more entertainment. It may be unintended but your blog is a source of much amusement - the world would be a duller place without people like you.

10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home