Monday, June 26, 2006

What a riot

Last night’s match between Holland and Portugal saw 16 yellows and 4 reds the most ever in a World Cup game. I have to admit that it was great entertainment and I enjoyed every moment of the match, the referee was clearly useless. I am glad that Portugal won, the Dutch would have been far tougher opponents in the quarter finals and with Deco out we have a great chance to progress to the Semi Final. I cannot believe as well that Van Basten failed to put Van Niesletroy on, if he did it might have been a different story, it seems Dutch infighting has again happened as seems to happen in every time they qualify for a major tournament.

Sorry to see the Aussies go today, Italians again put on a great defensive performance to win through win their 94th minute penalty.
As thing stand I have got five out of five on the 2nd round predictions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home