Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mitcham Carnival

This afternoon I went along to Mitcham Carnival. This carnival has now been going for a number or years, a few years ago, the organisers had financial problems and the Council took over the running of the carnival. My colleague Cllr Ian Munn has done a tremendous amount in organising the event, the day was a great success with many different stalls, performances, and a fun fair, a float procession to the Carnival also takes place through Mitcham to the venue at Three Kings Piece. Later on in the day hundreds of balloons were released from children of Gorringe Park School in North Mitcham which was great sight to see, hopefully the balloons will travel long distances.

All in all the day went extremely well on a glorious summer day. From Pollards Hill we also had a joint stall between Commonside Trust and Community Centre which great to see especially as both organisations are due to join up later this year. The stall was also very useful for the free suntan lotion samples (which they were desperate to give me) and I needed them as I had forgotten to slap on the suntan lotion, which is necessary on a day like today especially as I get sun burnt very easily!

I would also give my appreciation to all those officers who helped Ian Munn in making the day a great success, you deserve immense credit for putting on such a good show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home